Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- Crescent Heights Sells 50% of Mondrian SOBE to Investor Michael S. Liebowitz
Crescent Heights Sells 50% of Mondrian SOBE to Investor Michael S. Liebowitz - Crescent Heights announced yesterday that it has sold 50 percent of the Mondrian South Beach hotel to investor Michael S. Liebowitz for an undisclosed amount. Russell Galbut, Managing Principal of Crescent Heights, will retain 50 percent ownership of the Mondrian South Beach, and Menin Hospitality will continue to manage and operate the property.
- Margaritaville Hotel Nashville Celebrates Opening in the Heart of Music City
Margaritaville Hotel Nashville Celebrates Opening in the Heart of Music City - Developed by Safe Harbor Development LLC and managed by Davidson Hotels & Resorts, the 12-story hotel features 166 guestrooms, as well as 52 Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham suites, and is centrally located a half block south of the Music City Center, near Broadway.
- Known for providing quality service to its guests, ZEN Rooms will now be managing its operations and room distribution using eZees advanced hotel technology.
- Earn While You Learn and Cut Your Overall PMS Costs
Earn While You Learn and Cut Your Overall PMS Costs - Have you ever been paid to test a product? Have you ever earned financial credits while you learned to use a software? This is not something that many modern business owners or professionals can answer in the affirmative. Yet, the recent release of the Hotelogix ACE or Automated Coaching Engine enables hoteliers to earn towards the purchase of their hotel property management software.
- Hoteliers are always looking for ways to improve their digital strategies and turn every dollar into an even greater revenue-driving initiative. Every hoteliers marketing mix should include metasearch - especially considering all of the new and exciting updates coming to existing metasearch platforms and search engines.
- FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management Honors Alumni Accomplishments with First Ever Rising Star Awards
FIU Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management Honors Alumni Accomplishments with First Ever Rising Star Awards - Alumni Top in Their Field from Hotel, Beverage, Cruise Management to Restaurants
- TripAdvisor Study Reveals 77% of Travelers More Likely to Book When Business Owners Respond to Reviews
TripAdvisor Study Reveals 77% of Travelers More Likely to Book When Business Owners Respond to Reviews - 89% of Travelers Said a Thoughtful Response to a Negative Review Improved Their Impression of a Business, Showing the Effectiveness of Owners Responding to All Types of Reviews
- Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 128 - The 5 Ps of Storytelling for Hotels (from Hotel Speak)
Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: Episode 128 - The 5 Ps of Storytelling for Hotels (from Hotel Speak) - If youve ever taken a marketing course, you will probably be familiar with the concept of the 5 Ps of Marketing. The 5 Ps are the standard concepts used to come up with a marketing strategy for your business, and encompass: Product, Price, Place, People, and Promotion. Hotel Speak recently published a great article on a slightly different perspective, geared specifically for the hotel and lodging industry. Heres the breakdown
- HVS Report - Key Takeaways from the 2019 Western Canadian Lodging Conference: Cautious Outlook, Technological Disruption, and a More Experience-Focussed Industry - By Shu Lin (Sharon) Liu
HVS Report - Key Takeaways from the 2019 Western Canadian Lodging Conference: Cautious Outlook, Technological Disruption, and a More Experience-Focussed Industry - By Shu Lin (Sharon) Liu - The 2019 Western Canadian Lodging Conference (WCLC) that was held on November 25 and 26, 2019 in Vancouver. Caution was the dominant sentiment expressed at the event as the industry expects a slowdown in the near term.
- Hilton Debuts Curio Collection by Hilton in Portugal
Hilton Debuts Curio Collection by Hilton in Portugal - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is launching two hotels in Portugal under its Curio Collection by Hilton brand. The collection of hotels and resorts will be joined by The Emerald House Lisbon, which will open in the Portuguese capital in Summer 2020, and Boeira Garden Hotel Porto Gaia in Porto, which will welcome guests in a phased opening in December 2019 with the hotel fully operational in Spring 2020.
- ONOMO Hotels Acquires BON Hotels
ONOMO Hotels Acquires BON Hotels - ONOMO Hotels has acquired a 60, 1% controlling stake in BON Hotels
- Total U.S. Brand.com Grew Year-Over-Year for the 10th Consecutive Month of 2019
Total U.S. Brand.com Grew Year-Over-Year for the 10th Consecutive Month of 2019 - Kalibri Labs U.S. Hotel Industry Performance Overview (HIPO) reveals that the digital channels, Brand.com and OTA, as a percent of the total bookings continue to accelerate, while Property Direct declines.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- Iceland’s newly extinct glacier
Iceland’s newly extinct glacier - Iceland is mourning the loss of its first glacier to climate change
- A 200-acre slice of the US in Denmark
A 200-acre slice of the US in Denmark - A Danish park has become a symbol of American culture
- Italy's village of 'ugly' people
Italy's village of 'ugly' people - Welcome to Piobbico: the world capital of ugly people
- The UK's real-life Treasure Island
The UK's real-life Treasure Island - Legend has it that Robert Louis Stevenson’s visit inspired his tale of adventure
- Why these people are so good with money
Why these people are so good with money - The Memons of Pakistan are obsessed with not wasting resources
- The greatest mystery in naval history?
The greatest mystery in naval history? - It sank only 20 minutes into its maiden voyage
- Paris’ best-kept secret?
Paris’ best-kept secret? - They’re nestled in Montmartre, on the banks of the Seine and hidden in parks
- Why doesn't the US value the elderly?
Why doesn't the US value the elderly? - Feeling old and shunned, writer Paul Theroux leaves the US for Mexico
- Japan's most surprising Michelin eatery
Japan's most surprising Michelin eatery - It may be home to the perfect bowl of ramen, and it costs just £5.70
- A US town that lies in Canada
A US town that lies in Canada - Some say it’s a resettlement site for the US Federal Witness Protection Program