Hotel Industry News – Hotel News Resource
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hotel industry and travel business news from the Hotel News Resource.
- 4 Ways Hoteliers Can Improve Their Business Intelligence Capabilities
4 Ways Hoteliers Can Improve Their Business Intelligence Capabilities - The following is a brief excerpt from the new Starfleet Research study 'How to Leverage Business Intelligence to Improve Hotel Performance,' which is currently available for complimentary access. The research findings featured in the study are derived from surveys conducted earlier this year with more than 250 hotel executives and qualified staff.
- Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Sold for $53.5 Million
Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Sold for $53.5 Million - Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: XHR) today announced its acquisition of the former Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, a 127-room luxury hotel located in the upscale Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia, for $53.5 million, or approximately $421,000 per key.
- The Luxury Collection, part of Marriott International, Inc., today announced the grand opening of Hôtel de Berri, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris.
- The hospitality firm has signed an agreement with Smart Properties, an affiliate of one of Pakistan's leading real estate developers, Future Development Holdings (FDH), to operate Mövenpick Hotel & Residences Capital Smart City, Islamabad, which is expected to open in 2023.
- AccorHotels Signs Two New Hotels in Vietnam
AccorHotels Signs Two New Hotels in Vietnam - Slated to open in the fourth quarter of 2021, the opening of Mövenpick Resort Van Phong and Mövenpick Resort & Spa Halong Bay will add 525 rooms to the company's portfolio in the region.
- U.S. Job Openings Little Changed at 7.1 Million; Hires Edge Up in October
U.S. Job Openings Little Changed at 7.1 Million; Hires Edge Up in October - Job openings were little changed at 7.1 million on the last business day of October. Over the month, hires edged up to 5.9 million nearly matching a series high, while separations were little changed.
- Expedia Group Launching AI Bot for Lodging Partners - Travel Weekly
Expedia Group Launching AI Bot for Lodging Partners - Travel Weekly - Expedia Group is launching a bot powered by artificial intelligence (AI) that is designed to help their lodging partners maximize growth.
- Jamaica to Host Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference and Operations Summit (CHICOS) in November 2019
Jamaica to Host Caribbean Hotel Investment Conference and Operations Summit (CHICOS) in November 2019 - Conference to take place at AMResorts Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay and Secrets St. James Montego Bay
- Scandic to Open Munich Hotel in 2021
Scandic to Open Munich Hotel in 2021 - Scandic Hotels has signed a long-term lease agreement with developers Art-Invest Real Estate and Accumulata Real Estate for the operation of a new hotel, Scandic Munich Macherei.
- Google Exec to Keynote HSMAIs January 23 Conference
- Hilton Garden Inn Tbilisi Riverside to Open in 2021 in Georgia's Capital
Hilton Garden Inn Tbilisi Riverside to Open in 2021 in Georgia's Capital - Hilton Garden Inn Tbilisi Riverside will be situated on the banks of the Kura River, close to two of the city's universities, political ministries and a number of large corporate offices. The hotel will include 161 guestrooms, some of which will overlook the river, a bar and restaurant, as well as a fitness centre and two meeting rooms.
- Hotel Indigo Opens Two Hotels in Germany
Hotel Indigo Opens Two Hotels in Germany - IHG announced the opening of new hotels in two of Germany's most culturally rich cities, Berlin and Dresden.
Hospitality – Lodging & Travel Industry News
Travel-Destinations presents the latest hospitality and travel news from the BBC.
- The ‘Flower Men’ of Saudi Arabia
The ‘Flower Men’ of Saudi Arabia - Their mountain-top villages were barely accessible
- South America’s other ‘Easter Island’
South America’s other ‘Easter Island’ - These monuments have been called ‘the work of the devil’
- The real nightmare before Christmas
The real nightmare before Christmas - He’s a part goat, part devil who punishes naughty children
- A 220-year-old beer found in the sea
A 220-year-old beer found in the sea - ‘It lives again to quench the thirst of modern Australia’
- The end of a native tradition?
The end of a native tradition? - It’s living proof of the changing times
- A 1,000-year-old road lost to time
A 1,000-year-old road lost to time - Thirty years ago, few people had heard of the Via Francigena
- A treaty that changed how we travel
A treaty that changed how we travel - It’s regarded as a hugely successful example of international diplomacy
- The isles belonging to medieval knights
The isles belonging to medieval knights - The capital city was 'built by gentlemen for gentlemen'
- The truth about açaí bowls
The truth about açaí bowls - ‘It’s a food that we can describe as democratic’
- The city that changed how we tell time
The city that changed how we tell time - When did time become so precise that a minute late is too late?